Next turn for an “outstandig educational offer” – Call for Applications
“The Master of Science Programme 'Management of Protected Areas' has become one of Europe´s most important study programmes for professionals in nature conservation”, says Michael Getzner, director of the programme. The next programme will start in September 2009, applications are accepted from now on.
The programme is provided by the University of Klagenfurt in close co-operation with institutions like IUCN, WWF, UNESCO, Europarc, Alparc, the Ramsar Convention or the Convention on Biodiversity. Internationally recognised experts and trainers present relevant aspects in the management of protected areas, starting with principles, aims and funtions of protected areas, a diversity of tools to plan, manage and consult the sites as well as a broad range of personal skills required.
Information and Scholarships
- General information: www.mpa.uni-klu.ac.at
- For specific questions please contact the directors of the programme: Michael Getzner (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Michael Jungmeier (email@example.com).
- Informationday in Belgrade: an informationday for interested persons and applicants is provided in Belgrade on December, 9th , 2008 (information: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Scholarships of the Austrian Development Agency: For students from developing countries, in particular from Africa (Ethiopia): You have to apply until 10st December 2008. You may receive a scholarship of the Austrian Development Agency that covers travel and living costs (contact: Michael.Getzner@uni-klu.ac.at).
- Scholarships of the WWF-Danube Carpathian Programme: young professionals, involved in the management the Carpathian Protected Areas, can apply for support by the WWF-DCP (contact: email@example.com)
- Limited scholarships to reduce tuition fee and support travel costs may be available for excellent applications (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)